Viruses and threats are changing.
They are now more dangerous than ever. They are more discreet. They are faster. They are frequently designed to steal confidential information or money. They can even be ‘tailor-made' to target each victim.
To sum up, despite appearances, the risk is greater than ever. This section describes how the malware dynamics is changing and how it affects corporate security.
- A change in malware behavior. The way in which viruses and other threats behave has changed radically.
- Silent epidemics. It seems there are no epidemics… but all is not what it seems.
- Professional hackers. Hackers are no longer looking for notoriety. It's money they're after!
- Botnets. A clear example of how to profit from malware.
- Targeted attacks. Another type of cyber-crime: tailor-made attacks.